Tuesday, September 30, 2014

How to Root an Asus Memo Pad HD 7 (me173x) and Extras

I'm going to show you How to Root an Asus Memo Pad HD 7 (me173x).

EXTRA: Verify Root, and install Busybox, Root Browser, AdAway and Linux Deploy.



1. Download Framaroot from xda-developers at the end of the post.




2. Check your firmware, I used ME173X_US_user_4.2.4.04152_20140714 release keys.



3. Run the Framaroot apk and an exploit, I chose Faramir.
Then, REBOOT the device, that's it!

 NOTE: If android warns you about security risk, 

go to Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources.




4. To check if it worked install Root Checker Advanced.



5. You probably don't have BusyBox so install it and run it.


6. Check if BusyBox installed correctly.



7. Install Root Browser, a root file manager.



8. Install AdAway to block all annoying ads/popups.



9. See those example ads.




10. No more ads/popups!



11. Install Linux Deploy, to run a Linux OS.



12. Read the Linux Deploy description above.




13. Select the button with the down arrow to download the OS. 
Then, click Start and change the default password.



14. Install a VNC viewer, I used bVNC.


15. Here is a preview of Linux running in my tablet.
NOTE: If it didn't work or have issues try Complete Linux installer.




16. Install Terminal Emulator to work from a terminal.

That's it! You now have a rooted tablet without ads and  running Linux!

No comments:

Post a Comment